Thin crust pizza can be done start to finish in about 30 minutes. It is a nice, quick dinner, a favourite for teenage sleepovers, and eminently customizable for a variety of palates. The toppings for the version below are very basic: pepperoni. tomato pizza sauce, peppers, tomatoes, onions, and garlic scape pesto. For larger “make your own pizza” gatherings we might include bbq chicken, Italian sausage, ham, bacon, mushrooms, caramelized onions, pineapple, etc. We set the toppings on the kitchen island, and as I roll pans of the dough, I pass them over so and people top their own in buffet style. We have a double oven, so can do 8 pizzas at once.
No–Knead Food Processor Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Makes 4 personal pizzas
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. instant fast rise yeast
3/4 t. salt
3/4 cup hot water
2 tsp. olive oil
1. Pulse flour, yeast, and salt in food processor until blended.
2. With motor running, add water and oil. Process for 1 minute, or until a ball forms.
3. With floured hands, remove dough and form into a round ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning over to grease all around.
4. Let rise for 10 minutes.
5. Divide into 4 and roll each piece out. Place on a cookie sheet and add your toppings.
6. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until browned.