This coconut curry is one of our favourite lentil recipes. You can eat it over brown rice or on its own with some nice pita to dip into it. (The pita recipe will follow later later in the week.) I like to make enough for some good leftover lunches.
It is always good to have a few “go to” Pantry Meal recipes, and this is a quick and tasty one to add to your repertoire.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 cup lentils (I use orange or yellow ones)
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk
- 796 ml can of diced tomatoes
- Cook the onion, garlic and ginger in the olive oil until they soften a bit.
- Add the spices and cook for a minute or two to release flavour.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on. (If it is thinner than you like, cook with the lid off for a few minutes. If it is too thick, add a bit of water.)