We have been enjoying these whole wheat tortillas – very simple to make, and delicious hot off the pan!
- 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup of hot water (not so hot you can’t put your finger in it)
I use my mixer with the paddle attachment, but you can also just knead this by hand.
- Mix the flour, salt and oil together for a couple minutes until it looks like crumbs
- Slowly add the water and continue to mix for a few minutes until the dough comes together nicely
- Divide into twelve pieces
- Form each piece into a small disk, cover them and let them rest for 15 minutes
- Heat a cast iron pan (or other) until quite hot
- Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into an 8” flat circle
- Place a tortilla on the pan until it puffs up and gets brown underneath (less than a minute), flip and cook a further few seconds
- You can brush them with oil, or eat them as is with your favourite fillings