I decided to try making flat bread on the grill tonight using my thin crust pizza dough recipe. It only took 5 minutes to mix up (including getting the food processor out), 5 to rest the dough, and 5 to cook. Seriously, in 15 minutes, I got hot bread off the grill, and it seemed like something special. I’ll definitely be making this again.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. instant fast rise yeast
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. sugar
¾ cup hot water
2 tsp. olive oil (I used garlic olive oil)
- Pulse flour, yeast, sugar and salt in food processor until blended.
- With motor running, add water and oil. Process for 1 minute, or until a ball forms. Let dough sit 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in 4 and roll out on floured surface.
- Rub garlic olive oil on both sides of the dough and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on heated grill (400-500 degrees Fahrenheit) for two minutes or until bubbles form. Flip and repeat.